Decommissioning and Decontamination
Our business area "Decommissioning and Decontamination" offers full service as regards planning and implementation of all kinds of decommissioning work.
Our business portfolio includes:
Dismantling of facilities, decontamination, laundry
- Decommissioning of facilities according to StrSchV
- Decommissioning of non-nuclear facilities (accelerators, radionuclide laboratories, neutron generators, research and nuclear medicine facilities)
- Decontamination and conditioning of residues and radioactive waste
- Release measurements according to § 31-37 StrlSchV
- Contamination controls according to § 57, 58 StrlSchV
- Checks for contamination, clearance measurement of buildings and components according to the radiation protection ordinance including provision of radiological measurement devices
- Laundry service for contaminated clothes and leasing of work clothes
Accelerators / cyclotrons
During the operation of accelerators and cyclotrons radioactive isotopes are generated as a result of physical interactions in parts of the device. These activated components are subject to the radiation protection ordinance and need to be dismantled professionally.
We offer the following services:
- Development of customer-oriented solutions for dismantling
- Measurement services and identification of activated components
- Professional decommissioning and takeover of activated components as well as decontamination
- Clearance measurments of activated components according to § 31-37 radiation protection ordinance
Being in consultation with the relevant authorities at all times, we can provide you an individual concept for dismantling and disposal.
With our long-standing partners, we can guarantee you a time and cost-optimized realization of your project.
Gamma-Service Recycling GmbH has decommissioned and disposed more than 250 accelerators by now.
Brochure: Decommissioning of Linear Accelerators and Cyclotrons (PDF)