In 1998 the company was founded with its head office in Leipzig. The compnay started the business with 13 employees, all of whom already had long-time experience and know-how in handling high-radioactive sources. Since foundation the company has grown continuously so that the team in 2017 is consisting of 50 highly skilled physicists, engineers, technicians and a back office, especially qualified for the challenges in this particular business area.
As of 01.06.2017, Gamma-Service Recycling GmbH was taken over by the Berlin Eckert & Ziegler Group.
With around 800 employees, the Eckert & Ziegler Group is one of the world's largest providers of isotope-related components for radiotherapy and nuclear medicine.
Gamma-Service Recycling GmbH offers a complete range of services combining all specific requirements as regards to radiation protection, technical know-how and long-time experience of our staff. We are your reliable partner in all questions concerning use, takeover and recycling of radioactive materials.
Our Code of Conduct: PDF
We offer you a full range of service:
- Worldwide takeover and recycling of radioactive sources for industrial and medical purposes
- Worldwide supply of radioactive sources at customer request
- Transport of radioactive goods all over Europe with our own truck fleet
- Availability of a wide range of different shielding containers
- Processing of radioactive materials for re-use
- Conditioning of radioactive residues
- Decommissioning and decontamination
- Measurement services
- Laundry service for contaminated clothes
- Recycling of ionization smoke detectors
- Planning, delivery, installation and commissioning of industrial irradiation facilities
We act according to the following authorizations:
- Y/1113/98 and Y/1647/03 - Handling permissions for radioactive substances according to § 12 Radiation Protection Act (StrlSchG)
- T1/3049/20/0 - Road transport authorization for radioactive substances pursuant to § 27 Radiation Protection Act (StrlSchG)
- Z/2900/18/0 - Authorization for employment in third-party facilities / facilities pursuant to § 15 StrlSchV